How do I prevent influenza?
The most important things in brief:
- The risk of catching a cold or flu increases during the winter months
- Hygiene factors must be observed for prevention
- Vitamin D or turmeric can strengthen the immune system
Especially in the cold winter months, when the temperatures are low and our mucous membranes are increasingly exposed to the dry air, it is all the more important that our immune system is strengthened. Because the low temperatures also increase the risk of catching the flu, especially in the winter months from January to March/April. In addition to observing the hygiene factors, a healthy lifestyle is essential to prevent influenza. Because this is sometimes elementary to strengthen our immune system.
In order to prevent the flu, it is important to follow these tips:
- Regular hand washing: Washing your hands regularly will help fight and eliminate the bacteria and viruses that are on your hands. This is especially important because you touch your face up to 200-400 times a day.
- Avoid shaking hands: Make sure that you avoid shaking hands unnecessarily so that the bacteria and viruses can be exchanged.
- Repeated airing: Frequent airing reduces the number of germs in the air. Airing 3 times a day for 10 to 15 minutes is recommended.
Other tips that are useful for preventing flu:
- Keep airways moist: It has been proven that dry mucous membranes are more susceptible to viruses. Drinking enough water and tea (approx. 2L per day) helps to keep the mucous membranes in the airways moist.
- Vitamin D: The susceptibility to infections is increased by a lack of vitamin D. Therefore, make sure that you either take vitamin D regularly or stay in the sun regularly to replenish vitamin D levels.
- Taking a sauna: Although there is no scientific study that proves that a visit to the sauna has a positive effect on strengthening the immune system, regular sauna use improves the body's thermoregulation. This can have a positive effect on the infection rate, since the mucous membranes are better supplied with blood.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has been known and documented for over 4000 years, especially in Indian medicine. Certain studies have shown that the intake of turmeric in the human body increases the protein cathelicidin and defends itself against bacteria in the immune system. In this way, infections can be prevented.
In addition to all the tips mentioned, it is also necessary to prevent influenza, but also to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes the following:
- Nutrition: Always ensure a healthy and balanced diet.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps keep the body healthy.
- Sufficient sleep: Give your body enough time to regenerate.
Price: 6.50 CHF
Price: 8.20 CHF
Price: 8.10 CHF
Price: 5.60 CHF
Price: 5.20 CHF
Price: 27.90 CHF
Price: 34.90 CHF
Which vitamins are important in winter?
All vitamins are important - all year round. In winter, however, some of these active ingredients are particularly...Read more
What are the symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency?
Are you unmotivated, tired, sleepless and listless in autumn and winter? Vitamin D deficiency could be a reason for...Read more
Hygiene and face masks - what types are there?
20.10.2020Hygiene and protective masks have always been useful in hospitals, in medical practices and in care, Corona has made...Read more
What are insomnia and what can you do about it?
23.10.2020Sleeping seems like a simple thing. And yet many people suffer from insomnia, difficulty falling asleep and staying...Read more
FFP1, FFP2, FFP3 - what are the differences between the masks?
23.10.2020The FFP mask can now be seen more and more often in public, no longer just in nursing or in the medical field. Not...Read more