What can be done against mold?
The most important points in brief:
- Mold are dark, black spots that can form on windows, doors and walls
- Mold is an annoying fungal attack
- Regular ventilation can prevent mold from forming
- Vinegar does not help fight mold
When you talk about gray, you don't always refer to the magnificent white horse. But mold is also an annoying fungal infestation that can spread in the apartment. Especially in winter, when it gets colder outside, mold can form in the home. Mold, which can be recognized by means of dark, black spots, can not only interfere visually - mold can also affect health in the long term and cause damage to buildings.
Windows, doors and walls are mostly affected
Mold not only forms on apartment walls, but can also form on seals on windows and doors. The black spots are mainly formed in these areas due to the condensation water that can be found in these seals. Incorrect ventilation or poor insulation can also be reasons for the development of mold.
- In order to avoid the development of mold, the moisture must be removed from the rooms. Regular ventilation can protect your four walls from mold. Warm air contains more moisture than cold air, which is why shock ventilation is essential, even in winter.
- Smaller mold growth can be removed or washed off with a household cleaning agent. Make sure that the household cleaner does not contain too much chlorine, as this in turn can be unhealthy for your health. If you don't have a household cleaner, mold can also be removed with high percentage alcohol.
- Good results for combating mold can also be achieved with hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).
- Have a specialist remove large affected areas such as walls.
Vinegar doesn't help
Vinegar can often be used helpful against many things, but not to combat mold. Vinegar contains organic nutrients that can get onto the mold-infested material and thus promote fungal growth again. The same applies to baking powder, which only removes mold in the short term and can exacerbate the problem in the long term.
Get to the bottom of the cause
If there is a large amount of mold on your walls, it is strongly recommended to get to the bottom of this cause. Be sure to get the opinion of a specialist and don't wait too long.
Price: 6.75 CHF
Old price: 15.90 CHF Price: 14.31 CHF Discount: 10% Save up: -1.59 CHF
Price: 59.90 CHF
Price: 8.20 CHF
Price: 15.10 CHF
Price: 6.30 CHF
Price: 11.90 CHF
Pests in the garden - this is how you can protect the environment against vermin
22.04.2021The love for animals is a good quality of the human character as it shows empathy. But at some point it’s also good,...Read more
Spring cleaning: clean windows without streaks and streaks
20.05.2021Cleaning the windows is a matter that one likes to do together with the spring cleaning, because one is already in...Read more
Helpful tips against wasps
21.07.2021Some things just have to be named: Wasps are annoying. Of course, you know, the flying companions are extremely...Read more
What can be done against clothes and food moths?
22.07.2021Nobody likes having an armada of insects around the house. However, if the animals are moths, this can have...Read more
What can you do against ants?
22.07.2021Insects have only a few good reasons to invade our four walls: food and warmth and that's about it. If you are aware...Read more