What can be done against plantar warts?
The most important points in brief:
- You usually only recognize plantar warts when there is a sharp pain when you step on the feet
- Plantar warts are very contagious and must be treated quickly
- Plantar warts can be treated well with tea tree oil and wart herb, among other things
Perhaps one or the other knows it; Unsuspecting, a sharp pain suddenly occurs in the foot. But at first glance you don't see anything suspicious or a culprit for the pain. It is only when you look closely that you often notice a circle at the painful area. This is probably a so-called plantar wart. Plantar warts are warts that can mainly appear on the sole of the foot, heel or between the toes. Since the entire body weight is not only placed on the feet every day, but the feet are always in motion, no hill-like warts can form on the surface of the skin. The plantar warts therefore grow inwards instead of outwards. Since plantar warts can often reach into the subcutaneous tissue, they are usually painful, unlike other warts.
Plantar warts are contagious
Plantar warts are very contagious and are caused by certain types of the human papilloma virus (HPV). Usually you get infected with the pathogens while walking barefoot in hotel rooms, sports halls, swimming pools or the cloakroom.
Unfortunately, the warts don't go away as quickly as they did. In order to remove plantar warts in the long term, it takes patience above all else. The good news, however, is that they can be removed in a number of ways. We would like to share with you what we believe to be the most important tips for removing plantar warts:
- The wart herb, which is actually called celandine, is a tried and tested home remedy in the fight against warts. Dab the escaping juice about 3 times a day on the affected areas and let it dry.
- Plantar warts can also be removed relatively successfully using a cold-treating agent that you can get in pharmacies.
- Dab tea tree oil on the affected areas several times a day. Tea tree oil has an antibacterial and antiseptic effect so that new warts can no longer form.
- A balanced diet strengthens the immune system and a strong immune system makes the body stronger against viruses in the future.
Above all, it is important that you never cut around plantar warts. The viruses that emerge in the process could spread over the skin and lead to even more warts.
What is the difference between plantar warts and corns?
Since plantar warts and corns can look similar, most of those affected are often unsure whether it is really a wart or a corn. Corns are different from plantar warts because of their rather smooth and yellowish surface.
Which vitamins are important in winter?
All vitamins are important - all year round. In winter, however, some of these active ingredients are particularly...Read more
What are the symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency?
Are you unmotivated, tired, sleepless and listless in autumn and winter? Vitamin D deficiency could be a reason for...Read more
Hygiene and face masks - what types are there?
20.10.2020Hygiene and protective masks have always been useful in hospitals, in medical practices and in care, Corona has made...Read more
What are insomnia and what can you do about it?
23.10.2020Sleeping seems like a simple thing. And yet many people suffer from insomnia, difficulty falling asleep and staying...Read more
FFP1, FFP2, FFP3 - what are the differences between the masks?
23.10.2020The FFP mask can now be seen more and more often in public, no longer just in nursing or in the medical field. Not...Read more