What can be done against the odor of sweat?
The most important points in brief
- The smell of sweat can be very unpleasant for those affected
- Sweating is vital
- Rosemary and sage can help against the odor of sweat
- Breathable clothing helps against sweat odor
It has happened to most of us before; you are on the move, sweating and suddenly there is an unpleasant smell of sweat and you have the feeling that everyone is staring at you. What many are not aware of; Sweating is a substantial function. The body protects itself from overheating through the evaporated moisture and the skin is cooled. Sweat only becomes a problem when the organism means it too well. Most of the time we sweat in the armpits, head, forehead or neck. The smell of sweat in and of itself is colorless and odorless. However, when the sweat is broken down by bacteria, which is perfectly normal, it starts to smell.
Tips to prevent sweat odor
- Essential oils made from rosemary, which are used as bath additives, can help reduce the bacteria on the skin. The rosemary oil can also be applied directly to the armpits.
- Tea tree oil has a disinfecting effect and eliminates fungi and bacteria. The odor-producing bacteria can thus be reduced using tea tree oil and the odor of sweat is minimized.
- So-called anti-perspirants, which are applied overnight, can reduce sweat production.
- Avoid alcohol and beverages containing caffeine, as these stimulate sweat production.
- Sage is a miracle cure for many things. Sometimes also against a strong sweat production. Drink 1-2 cups of freshly made sage tea per day.
- Exercise: as illogical as it sounds, sweating can help prevent excessive sweating.
What to do with sweat stains and unpleasant smells on clothing?
Sweat is usually not only associated with an unpleasant smell, but in most cases also visible on clothing (especially light-colored ones) in the form of yellow spots. Above all, it is important that the bacteria that are in the clothing due to sweat are washed out again. A 60-degree wash is usually necessary for this. Otherwise, gall soap, which is applied to clothing before washing, can help to get the yellow sweat stains out of the clothing. You should also wear breathable clothing that prevents the smell of sweat from being absorbed into the clothing and from becoming lodged.
When to see a specialist in the event of excessive sweating?
In the case of an unpleasant sweat odor, it is important to distinguish whether it is excessive sweating, also known as axillary hyperhydrosis, for which various deodorants and medication are of no use, or whether it is normal armpit sweating. If you are still unable to reduce the smell of sweat after a certain period of time, we strongly recommend that you contact an appropriate specialist.
What helps against hair loss?
Men are mainly affected by hair loss, but age does not always play a role. Younger men also sometimes suffer from...Read more
Aftershave: which one is really good for men's skin?
If men didn't have their wives, then they probably wouldn't worry too much about the health of their skin. Because...Read more
Anti Aging Products: How Good Are They Really?
The oldest dream of mankind is probably not even being able to fly, but rather to stay young forever. It has been...Read more
How well do products against cellulite work?
The term "orange peel" has become established as a euphemism for cellulite, and somehow it sounds so harmless. That...Read more
How good are engraving healers? | Kanela
21.04.2021We all know it: in summer you romp around the lake or in the outdoor pool, put on some sunburn and doze around lazily...Read more