What can you do against bad breath?
The most important points in brief:
- The accumulation of bacteria causes bad breath
- Sage can help against bad breath and also has a disinfectant effect
- Beware of chewing gum and candy
Most of the time, bad breath is caused by the accumulation of bacteria that cause a bad odor. Reasons for this can be: incomplete oral hygiene, certain diets as well as stress or lack of fluids. Tobacco consumption or dry mouth can also lead to bad breath. Bacteria can form in the mouth especially when food particles have not been removed sufficiently. But illnesses or the use of certain medications can also trigger bad breath.
Bad breath is not a rare phenomenon
Bad breath is common and practically everyone has suffered from it, be it in the morning when you wake up or after eating certain foods. Below we would like to share what we believe to be the most important tips for combating bad breath:
- Clean your tongue regularly because most bacteria live on the tongue.
- Mouthwashes with antibacterial properties can help freshen your breath.
- Sage is a tried and tested home remedy for annoying bad breath and also has a disinfecting effect.
- Brush and floss your teeth daily. This helps eliminate odor-causing bacteria.
- Anise and fennel seeds make the unpleasant smell disappear from the mouth.
- If the bad breath was caused by dry mouth, lemon juice is recommended. The acid stimulates the salivary glands and helps maintain a healthy odor.
- Visit the teeth cleaning service regularly, where plaque is removed from places that are very difficult for you to reach.
It is especially important to mention that various chewing gum and sweets (e.g. peppermint) do not actually help against bad breath. Since most of these aids contain a large amount of sugary ingredients, which in turn can cause bacteria, they usually have the opposite effect and the bad breath persists or becomes even worse.
When to the doctor?
Most of the time, bad breath has a harmless trigger, but if the bad breath still persists despite thorough cleaning and care, your house or dentist should be contacted. Bad breath can also arise from diseases, which must then be analyzed accordingly. Above all, it is important to mention that in most cases no one is to blame for bad breath.
Price: 4.90 CHF
Price: 8.50 CHF
Price: 10.60 CHF
Price: 9.90 CHF
Price: 9.90 CHF
Price: 10.80 CHF
What helps against hair loss?
Men are mainly affected by hair loss, but age does not always play a role. Younger men also sometimes suffer from...Read more
Aftershave: which one is really good for men's skin?
If men didn't have their wives, then they probably wouldn't worry too much about the health of their skin. Because...Read more
Anti Aging Products: How Good Are They Really?
The oldest dream of mankind is probably not even being able to fly, but rather to stay young forever. It has been...Read more
How well do products against cellulite work?
The term "orange peel" has become established as a euphemism for cellulite, and somehow it sounds so harmless. That...Read more
How good are engraving healers? | Kanela
21.04.2021We all know it: in summer you romp around the lake or in the outdoor pool, put on some sunburn and doze around lazily...Read more