What to do with menstrual cramps
The most important points in brief
- It is not just the pain in the lower abdomen that troubles many women during menstruation
- Headaches, fatigue and mood swings can also occur
- An overproduction of pain messenger substances can be to blame for the abdominal cramps
- Simple tips and tricks will help combat the symptoms
Many women suffer from moderate to severe cramps in the lower abdomen once a month, the so-called menstrual pain. But why is menstruation associated with pain for many? An overproduction of pain messenger substances can be to blame. These are formed shortly before your period and are responsible for the fact that the uterus contracts during menstruation, which in turn causes the pain. Depending on the woman, the pain can be so severe that she is unable to work for several days. But not only the pain in the abdomen is a problem for many, it can also lead to headaches, tiredness, mood swings and difficulty concentrating.
Tips against menstrual cramps
Even if you are temporarily restricted due to the pain; Fortunately, the pain usually subsides after 1 to 2 days. But what can you do to bridge the gap against the unpleasant complaints? There are so-called tried and tested home remedies for this, too, which can be used. Here we would like to share the most important tips from our point of view:
- Probably the best-known home remedy for abdominal pain is warmth. It is best to place a hot water bottle on your stomach during the cramps in the abdomen. In addition, a warm bath can help alleviate the pain.
- Various teas can also help against the pain and discomfort. The most effective are chamomile tea (helps against cramps, nausea and abdominal pain) and ginger tea, which also helps against nausea and additionally strengthens the immune system and the circulation.
- When taken regularly, cumin oil can also have an analgesic effect
- Monk's pepper is also a herbal preparation that is taken continuously over a longer period of time. Monk's pepper can help alleviate the symptoms and is also recommended for very irregular cycles
- Even if many do not feel like moving: Since movement stimulates the blood flow in the pelvis, this can have an antispasmodic effect.
Period pains do not always have to be combated with high-dose pain relievers. Rather, they can easily be alleviated with simple tips and tricks.
Price: 5.60 CHF
Price: 24.50 CHF
Price: 18.90 CHF
Price: 8.10 CHF
Price: 33.90 CHF
Price: 11.50 CHF
Which vitamins are important in winter?
All vitamins are important - all year round. In winter, however, some of these active ingredients are particularly...Read more
What are the symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency?
Are you unmotivated, tired, sleepless and listless in autumn and winter? Vitamin D deficiency could be a reason for...Read more
Hygiene and face masks - what types are there?
20.10.2020Hygiene and protective masks have always been useful in hospitals, in medical practices and in care, Corona has made...Read more
What are insomnia and what can you do about it?
23.10.2020Sleeping seems like a simple thing. And yet many people suffer from insomnia, difficulty falling asleep and staying...Read more
FFP1, FFP2, FFP3 - what are the differences between the masks?
23.10.2020The FFP mask can now be seen more and more often in public, no longer just in nursing or in the medical field. Not...Read more