What to do with varicose veins?
The most important points in brief:
- Varicose veins are harmless in most cases
- Women are more affected than men
- A distinction must be made between primary and secondary varicose veins
Not everyone can enjoy beautiful summer days at the same time. Many people suffer from severe varicose veins on their legs, are ashamed to show them in public and therefore usually only wear long trousers. Extensions of the superficial veins are called varicose veins. In most cases, weak veins are the cause of varicose veins. The enlarged veins usually meander along the legs in a harmless, blue shape. Most of the time, women are more likely to be affected than men. The reason for this is that the female hormones make the connective tissue more elastic, which in turn promotes varicose veins. A distinction must be made between primary and secondary varicose veins. The primary make up the majority of all varicose veins and are harmless. The cause is unknown, but there are risk factors that can promote the development of primary varicose veins: smoking, genetic causes, obesity and old age. Secondary varicose veins are usually the result of a leg vein thrombosis and an obstruction to drainage occurs in the veins.
Are spider veins also varicose veins?
Yes. Unlike primary varicose veins, spider veins are thin and web-like. In most cases they do not cause any discomfort.
But what helps against primary varicose veins? The tips below can help alleviate initial symptoms and stop the development of varicose veins.
- Compression stockings are actually the most important thing with varicose veins. The connective tissue is compressed and supported by the tight and tight stockings. Even if you can now buy compression stockings in different places, it is recommended that you have them made to measure. This is the only way to ensure optimal tissue support.
- With alternating showers, which should be carried out every 30 seconds (warm vs. cold water), the blood circulation is stimulated and the blood vessels are trained.
- Elevating the legs can also help to improve the feeling of tension and relieve the legs.
- Regular exercise can also delay the development of varicose veins.
- In general, cold is particularly helpful for varicose veins. Cool quark compresses can help relieve symptoms.
- As is so often the case, an adequate supply of fluids is important for the body. Drink plenty of water or unsweetened tea.
When all else fails
A trip to the doctor should still be made. Depending on the severity of the varicose veins, an ultrasound examination is carried out. Depending on the severity, a decision is then made as to whether the varicose veins can be removed surgically or by laser.
Price: 34.50 CHF
Price: 18.90 CHF
Price: 35.90 CHF
Price: 20.90 CHF
Price: 20.90 CHF
Price: 20.90 CHF
What helps against hair loss?
Men are mainly affected by hair loss, but age does not always play a role. Younger men also sometimes suffer from...Read more
Aftershave: which one is really good for men's skin?
If men didn't have their wives, then they probably wouldn't worry too much about the health of their skin. Because...Read more
Anti Aging Products: How Good Are They Really?
The oldest dream of mankind is probably not even being able to fly, but rather to stay young forever. It has been...Read more
How well do products against cellulite work?
The term "orange peel" has become established as a euphemism for cellulite, and somehow it sounds so harmless. That...Read more
How good are engraving healers? | Kanela
21.04.2021We all know it: in summer you romp around the lake or in the outdoor pool, put on some sunburn and doze around lazily...Read more