What to do with yellow teeth?
The most important points in brief:
- For many, tooth discoloration is a major cosmetic problem
- Most of the time, tooth discoloration is caused by food and luxury foods
- Be careful with whitening toothpastes
White teeth have always been considered an ideal of beauty, at the latest with the Kardashians, this ideal was even more staged and now we see bright white teeth smiling at us from every poster. But what should you do if your teeth are not so brilliantly white, they are rather blotchy and yellowish in color? Tooth discoloration is a major (cosmetic) problem for many. Often those affected suffer so badly that they are ashamed to laugh or speak in front of other people.
It is important to distinguish between two different variants of tooth discoloration: Tooth discoloration on the inside, which can arise during tooth development, or tooth discoloration due to tooth deposits, which can come from food and luxury foods. Common causes of discolored teeth can include: poor oral hygiene, predisposition, smoking or old age. Also discolored teeth can occur due to predisposition.
We would like to share the most important tips against tooth discoloration from our point of view:
- Whitening toothpastes can help to lighten discolorations caused by too much tobacco, red wine or coffee. Caution: such toothpastes should not be used on a daily basis. Depending on the product, the enamel can be heavily rubbed off.
- Dark colored beverages can also be drunk through a straw. This can help prevent teeth from discoloring as quickly.
- Professional tooth cleaning does not make the teeth whiter, but it can help to restore the natural whiteness of the teeth.
- The baking soda trick is familiar to most; Brushing your teeth with baking soda has been shown to lighten yellow teeth. But caution is advised here too, because baking soda can also have harmful effects on tooth enamel.
- Avoid tobacco, red wine, coffee & Co. if possible, because they are as already mentioned.
Just as important as getting rid of tooth discoloration is to make sure that it doesn't get that far. Brush your teeth regularly and properly and always use dental floss. It is recommended to drink milk or water after acidic drinks. This helps to minimize the acid's erosion effect.
If you still suffer from yellow or discolored teeth in spite of everything, then at best tooth whitening can be considered. However, always make sure that you put yourself in the hands of a dentist, because he or she can best decide which procedure is most suitable for your teeth.
Price: 28.10 CHF
Price: 6.90 CHF
Price: 5.90 CHF
Price: 10.40 CHF
Price: 9.80 CHF
Price: 129.90 CHF
Price: 5.90 CHF
What helps against hair loss?
Men are mainly affected by hair loss, but age does not always play a role. Younger men also sometimes suffer from...Read more
Aftershave: which one is really good for men's skin?
If men didn't have their wives, then they probably wouldn't worry too much about the health of their skin. Because...Read more
Anti Aging Products: How Good Are They Really?
The oldest dream of mankind is probably not even being able to fly, but rather to stay young forever. It has been...Read more
How well do products against cellulite work?
The term "orange peel" has become established as a euphemism for cellulite, and somehow it sounds so harmless. That...Read more
How good are engraving healers? | Kanela
21.04.2021We all know it: in summer you romp around the lake or in the outdoor pool, put on some sunburn and doze around lazily...Read more